Trailer Fleet Insurance is great to have when you run a business or own a large amount of trailers. Using fleet insurance allows you to put more than one trailer under the same policy, which saves you taking out a different policy for each vehicle or trailer you use.
What do you need to consider when looking for Trailer Fleet Insurance?
- How many drivers – Does your vehicle need multiple driver cover? If yes, make sure you mention this.
- What is the vehicle used for? – If you are using your trailer for a professional job, please ensure it covers you for your task e.g. delivering parcels.
- Type of cover – Do you need third party cover, fire, theft and third party cover or do you need to fully comprehensive cover?
- Vehicle protection – Depending on the insurer, see what protection they offer. Do you need a replacement vehicle in the result of a breakdown? Or European cover? Work out exactly what you need.
- How many vehicles can you insure? – This depends on the insurer, so always check they can cover you for the number of vehicles you have.
Make sure you shop around and get as many quotes as you can to ensure you find the right deal that suits your needs. Maybe look at insuring them individually as well, to make sure the fleet option is the best for you.
What’s the best way to keep your insurance cost down?
Like we mentioned, shop around! Take your time to investigate and see who can offer you the best deal. Also, think of the vehicle you are driving, the power, the age, as all these factors can affect the amount of insurance you are going to pay. Another easy way to save money on insurance is to pay up front rather than in monthly instalments.
Another factor that can decrease the cost of your vehicle insurance is keeping the vehicle secure. You can do this by locking it in a garage or a secure yard at night, or even getting a steering wheel lock. You can install an immobiliser or alarm in your vehicle too. Invest in a dash cam, so that in the unlikely event of an accident, you can quickly establish fault – saving time and money.
Finally, keep your license clean! If you are an experienced driver with a clean license, your insurance will be lower.
Our team of experts are on hand to advise whenever you need us. Just contact [email protected] or give us a call on 01206 585439.